Friday, January 3, 2014

Greetings, 2014

I happen to be a very goal-oriented person. I love challenging myself and I love rewarding myself for accomplishing things I would not have done, say five years ago when I was binge-eating cheeseburgers and dying my hair black (yes, those things used to happen).

That picture was taken during a cheeseburger eating challenge in 2009. To warm up for it, I ate a quarter pounder from McDonalds. No lie. 

That being said, I get so annoyed when there is a huge influx of people posting on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. about EVERYTHING they are going to accomplish this year and how, "2013 was hard, but I am so happy that it was hard because I learned a lot about myself." They talk about all the things they are planning on changing on January 1 and how THIS year is going to be THE year of greatness. Maybe I am cynical or cranky, (or both) but I believe that if you want to make changes you should start NOW. Why wait until January 1?



That being said, I made some goals in December and have been trying to stick with them for about a month now. How's it going? Pretty good. There are days when I don't succeed, but I am trying to not focus on the one day that I didn't succeed, but on the other 29 days out of the month that I DID succeed. And I think that makes all the difference! It's perspective, people.


That being said, here are my goals for 2014 that I started implementing in 2013. Note: they are not extremely specific. I have running related goals, but these are my personal goals. I wanted these goals to be able to be applied toward my ENTIRE life, every single aspect of it.


1. I think that loving myself is so important, and something that I struggle with. Sometimes I feel ugly. Or fat. Or stupid. And I need to stop giving in to those negative feelings and remember that I am awesome!

2. Positivity is not my strong suit. I am a glass half empty kinda gal. But after doing some reading and pondering, I have come to respect the power of thoughts. If I am constantly negative, how can I expect good things?

3. I like to snack. End of story. I snack way too much.

4. I have been a lot more aware of what I am giving my body for nourishment and I want to continue that in 2014 and take it a step further. I would like to focus on eating lots of whole foods and eating clean.

5. A lot of times I compare myself to other people or look at what I DON'T have. Which is crazy, because I am SO blessed! I want to try and be thankful every day for all the things I have been given.

6. I do work out a lot, however I would love to get a set schedule (i.e., legs on Wednesday, arms on Friday, etc.) so that it is easier to plan workouts and stay consistent.

7. Why not?! Hehe

I hope 2014 has been good to everyone so far! I woke up with a pounding headache and made my sister go get me fast food. Womp womp womp. Good thing I am focusing on the positive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment